We are often told to be careful and stay proactive when it comes to issues that can come up in our living space. This can include termites, a broken pipe, plumbing issues, and mold problems. We are constantly advised to be on the lookout for mold that might grow in our homes, especially in damper areas like the bathroom and basement. We are also advised to be proactive about managing it as soon as possible or to get a mold test Atlanta done to verify so that we do not have to worry about any serious issues. Now, a lot of people know these things, but they do not know why exactly mold is considered to be so dangerous to have in our homes. If you are one of those people, then you can just keep on reading below:
The most obvious reason why mold is dangerous is that it can lead to a plethora of health problems for us. Depending on the type of mold and how long it has been in the home, the health issues can range from mild to pretty serious.
Mold is essentially from a fungus and fungi tend to reproduce via spores. These spores are dispersed in the air and can then be inhaled by us. These spores then become irritants and cause health issues that can look like the symptoms of a classic allergic reaction or sinus issue. So, runny nose, a cough, irritation in the skin and eyes, troubles breathing, etc. Chronic exposure to this can lead to serious breathing problems and can lead to pneumonia, or even coughing with blood.
If you already have respiratory issues like bronchitis or asthma, then the mold can cause even more problems and worsen the extent of the problem for you and can lead to hospitalization in cases.